XCSO Learn to Ski Bursary Fund
XCSO Bursary fund is available for member clubs to apply for support when launching and or expanding their 'Learn to Ski' (Bunny/Jackrabbit/Track Attack) programs. Up to a$2,500 bursary is available to member clubs annually based on meeting both the criteria of acceptance and application deadline. (October 1st)
Additional funding will further support children and youth experience the following:
• Develop fundamental movements and links children and youth into play.
• Builds all fundamental movement skills, overall motor skills and all basic cross-country ski skills.
• Refines basic cross-country ski skills and further develops fundamental movement and fundamental sport skills.
• Encourages social skills in fun, safe, beautiful environments
• Further promotes the "Skiing for LIFE" philosophy.
The proceeds from this fundraising will be
used for the following cause(s):
- Promote the Bunny/Jackrabbit and Track Attack programs through XCSO clubs
- Enable XCSO member clubs to offset program costs further encouraging children and youth participation
- Create (minimum) one 'fun' event per season celebrating cross-country skiing with the children, youth and their families.
How this project will assist in promoting
or developing amateur sport on a national
Through this Learn to Ski program, volunteer coaches will identify participant's who are demonstrating both ability and enthusiasm to progress to the high performance level. Member clubs will commit to support these athletes (in association with XCSO) in order for these kids to experience cross country skiing on a local, competitive level.